09 Blog Post – Elements of Art

Value
Color
Form
Line
Line
Shape
SHAPE
Space
Space
Line

1. What strengths and weaknesses do you see in your own work?

I think that I have many strengths as well as some weaknesses in my work. I think that my strength is I can find the photos I need to take. However, even if I see the shot I can’t always set it up.

2. How might you improve or refine your approach in future photography projects?

I can refine my shots by taking more of the same one so that one will be what I was going for. More pictures would help as some pictures may have a glare or be the wrong angle. Doing all this, I think my photos would improve.

3. Pick one of your photos, what emotions or messages did you intend to convey through this photograph?

My favorite photo is my “color” one. This picture it is of the inside of the garbage can with one Coke can as the only element with color. This picture is giving the feeling of isolation.

4. Are there specific elements of art you would like to explore further in your photography?

There are a few elements of art I’d like to further explore. One of the elements Id like to work more with is form. I want to do more with form to learn more because this was my hardest one to fine.

5. What concepts or techniques do you want to experiment with in your next project?

In my next project, I want to do more with the color. I enjoyed the ps part of editing the picture. I think if I did it again Id be able to mask something harder.

2 thoughts on “09 Blog Post – Elements of Art

1. samnna25 says:

My favorite photos that you took were the ones focused on space (cricket) and color. I believe why I love the cricket photo so much is that it reminds me of something out of Natural Geographic, with the animal being so focused in like it’s out of a documentary. Why I like the color one is because of the great composition element of patterns & repetition. In the photo, the black and white is disrupted by a red soda can, which just makes the photo all the more better. One of the photos I believe could be better is the form photo. I’m left wondering where the green goo comes from or where it actually goes since the photo I don’t think is taken at the best angle. Nevertheless, great post!

2. derekzap26 says:

I like the space grasshopper. I love the texture of the grasshopper and how focused we are on the grasshopper.
    I like the color coke pictures. I like the focus on one color without making the background blurry, He did 2 elements in 1 photo.
    One photo that could be better is the Line grass photo. This photo could be better if there was more life to the photo. The photo just seems so bland.
    COMPOSITION TECHNIQUE: Framing, (line photo) because of the focus and it makes it sort of look like a window